The 7th Annual Noor Iranian Film Festival is launching its 2014 Call for Entries, inviting filmmakers around the world to submit feature films, documentaries, shorts, animation and experimental works.
Submissions will open on March 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm PST and end on July 15, 2014 at 11:59 pm PST. Accepted films will be eligible for category-specific Audience Favorite Awards and Programmers & Celebrity Judges Choice Awards.
Filmmakers will be notified of their acceptance status by August 15, 2014. The festival will be held in Los Angeles in October 2014.
$25 – Early Bird Deadline (postmarked by April 30)
$35 – Regular Deadline (postmarked by June 30)
$55 – Late/Extended Deadline (postmarked by July 15)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Rules & Guidelines for Submission:
1. NIFF accepts films from Iranian filmmakers, films made about Iran or Iranians, and/or films that include Iranians as part of the cast or crew.
2. If not in English, the film submission must have English subtitles.
3. Films may not be affiliated with any political or religious organization.
4. Films must be available for viewing on digital format (NTSC only).
5. Films may not be released or owned by a sales or distribution company worldwide, unless they have signed an official release.
6. NIFF reserves the right to retain a copy of the film for use with the festival and all other promotional events affiliated with the festival.
7. NIFF cannot be held liable for print/video materials, which may be lost or damaged.
8. Once your submission has been accepted, you will need to provide a high rez (1024x768 px min.) still image from the film, synopsis, and trailer (on Youtube or Vimeo).
9. Submissions must contain: entry form, full payment, and preview screener. Entry fees may be paid via check, money order, or online payment through PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org). Entries originating from Iran do not have an entry fee.
10. Films must be submitted on EITHER a single DVD (NTSC Region 0 or 1 ONLY) OR as an online screener. For online screeners, email your url link with password to Submission@NoorFilmFestival.com. For online screeners, the preferred format is a private Vimeo link.
11- If a film is accepted, the film can be shown on DVD, Blu Ray, and DCP. Press materials for the film will be required, which can include but may not be limited to: high-resolution publicity stills, filmmaker bio, or online downloadable trailer.
12- NIFF does NOT offer “notes” or specific critique of any films not accepted for exhibition, and reserves the right to reject any submission without providing explanation or justification.